Houston Car Injury Lawyer – Car Injury Lawyer Houston
For more than six years, we have helped injured car accident victims and their families recover financially.
Each year thousands of people are seriously injured in car accidents. Many car injury victims will deal with the effects of their injuries for the rest of their life. Whether the injury results in chronic pain or debilitating problems, RJ Alexander Law, PLLC can help. For more than six years we have been helping people in the Houston area recover financially after being involved in a car accident.
If you have been injured because of another’s negligence, you should be receiving all of your benefits. We will determine your settlement based on your past and future medical bills, rehabilitation costs, wage loss, loss of earning capacity, disfigurement, pain and suffering, disability, loss of a normal life and changes in the relationships with your loved ones.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries a person involved in a car accident can suffer. Much depends on the severity of the accident itself. However, even seemingly minor accidents such as rear end fender benders, can leave the victim with chronic neck and back pain for months, even years.
When the auto accident is serious, the injuries associated with it are typically serious too. They can affect virtually any part of the body. The most common types of car accident injuries include:
- Brain or head injury – a brain injury occurs when the brain is injured by an outside force. The injury can range from a concussion, to a skull fracture, or a traumatic brain injury. The symptoms may be immediate or delayed and may include confusion, blurred vision, and difficulty concentrating. Depending on the severity of the injury treatment may include medication, therapy and/or surgery. A head injury is dangerous and requires medical attention.
- Neck injury – neck injuries are one of the most common types of injury associated with car accidents. A neck injury could be a sprain or strain, a herniated disc, or whiplash. There are many different types and the they can range from mild to severe.
- Spinal cord injury – a spinal cord injury often results in permanent problems. They cannot be cured and typically require treatment that can last for years or be lifelong.
- Back injury – back injuries from a car accident are the result of damage or trauma to the muscles, bones, or other soft tissues in the back. A back injury can lead to chronic pain and surgery is often required.
- Internal injuries – common internal injuries include broken ribs, internal bleeding, organ injury, pneumothorax, ruptured spleen and organ bruising. Treatment depends on the severity and place that the injury occurred. Internal injuries are very often life-threatening and can be fatal.
- Arm or shoulder injury – arm and shoulder pain after an accident could be the result of a neck injury. There are many important nerves that run through this area of the body and they can become damaged causing pain, numbness and other symptoms. Broken bones, bruising and strains and sprains are common injuries to the shoulders and arms. Severe injuries may require surgery and rehabilitation.
- Leg injury – a person can suffer a broken leg, broken ankle, broken foot, ACL injury, torn meniscus and other knee injuries as the result of a car accident. Injuries to the leg can leave a victim with poor mobility for a lifetime. Any of these injuries can require surgery and rehabilitation.
Many of these car accident injuries require a significant period of time for rehabilitation. Surgery and therapy may be needed which is costly and time consuming. They can leave a victim with lifelong side effects such as pain and discomfort and in more serious situations may leave a person disfigured or paralyzed.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Houston car accident due to another’s negligence, contact RJ Alexander Law, PLLC You should be receiving compensation for all of your costs and for pain and suffering. We understand that a serious injuries have the potential to take over your life.
Contact a Houston Car Injury Lawyer
For more than six years RJ Alexander Law, PLLC has been helping the victims of serious and catastrophic car accidents recover compensation. We know that monetary compensation cannot undo the pain and suffering a car accident victim and their family experience. However, it can help with wage loss, the loss of earning capacity and the other day-to-day expenses.
Call us as soon as possible following your car accident at (832) 458-1756 or fill out our online contact form.