Slip and Fall
Choosing a Qualified Houston Slip and Fall Lawyer
Texas Slip and Fall Lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC
“Slip and Fall” accidents refer to situation where a person is injured by slipping or tripping and suffering an injury in a fall due to dangerous condition on the premises. These falls can happen inside or outside a building. They can be caused by bad flooring, wet floors, poorly lighted steps, or in the case of outdoor accidents, weather-related or hidden hazards.
For instance, an wet patch outside a door, a crack, or pothole can be the cause of a slip and fall accident in a parking lot.
Houston Slip and Fall Injury Accident RJ Alexander Law PLLC
A sudden fall injury is a common occurrence with thousands of claims made year. Many victims suffer serious, life altering injuries that can even result in wrongful death. Unless stairwells, wet floors, and even construction site defects can often have catastrophic results. You should know what to do in the event of a sudden fall accident. Consult a Houston slip and fall lawyer to determine whether you are old damages for the negligence of a property or business owner.
The firm’s slip and fall personal injury attorney can help you understand the law. There are many factors to consider, such as previous complaints about an existing hazard, the turning negligence of a business or property owner, and determining negligence, if any, of the individual injured. These are only a few of the factors that are personal injury firm will analyze and investigating your case.
If you are loved one has suffered from a severe fall injury and don’t know what to do or if you still have a question that has not been answered, call the Houston slip and fall lawyer at (832) 458-1756 or contact the firm by email.
General information – Texas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC
There are several types of student fall accidents including slippery surface falls, stairway accidents, fall from a terrace or balcony, parking ramp falls, sidewalk falls and bathroom and shower falls, to name a few.
A property owner has an obligation to keep their property in a safe condition for those invited onto the property. If he can be proven that a property owner was negligent and knew or should have known about the dangerous or defective condition that causes slip and fall, you may be compensated for your injuries.
Every so the fall accident is unique so, it is to your benefit to hire an experienced slip and fall lawyer.
Falls on a Wet Surface – Houston Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Property owners have an obligation to make sure their property including parking lot the sidewalks, are maintained and that also an ice is removed to avoid possible safety hazards.
Property owners are allowed eight “reasonable” amount of time to remove the liquid. For example, if you fall right after a chow spills a liquid inside a department store, the property owner may not be held liable depending on whether they were put on notice and how long the liquid remain on the floor before your slip and fall injury.
What is reasonable? – Texas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Did a property owner user common sense? Was there something in the property owner “should have known” was dangerous? In the property owner use reasonable care to keep the property safe? A judge and jury will certainly take the answers to these questions into consideration.
The property owners careful in their efforts to keep the property safe and clean, they must likely have shown “reasonable” care. Here are some initial questions you can ask yourself to help determine if a property of business owner may be liable for your injuries:
– Did you trip over a broken or uneven area of carpet or floor or did you slip on a wet surface? If so, was a dangerous condition in place long enough so the owner “should have known” about it?
– Has any accident happened there before?
– Is there a schedule in place for regular maintenance and cleaning or pairing of the premises? If so, what proof does the owner have of this regular maintenance?
– If you trip over our slip on an object someone placed a left on the ground, was there a good reason for the object to be there? And there was a good reason for the object to be there, but that reason no longer existed, could the object have been removed or covered or otherwise made safe?
– Was very safer place object could have been located?
– Could bury have been created to warn people of a potential danger?
– The poor are broken lighting contribute to the accident?
If the answer to one or more of these questions was in your favor, you may have a claim for compensation. Please remember, however, you need to think about whether your actions contributed to your accident.
Gathering Evidence – Houston Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
When possible, we recommend the following:
– Photos. Take photos of the scene of the accident, your clothing issues in any bruising, cuts, scrapes or require stitches are cast to document your injury.
– Witnesses. If anyone witnessed your fall, try to get their name, address, and telephone number.
– Accident report. If you suffer injuries in a store, whether a department store grocery store, make sure you found accident report. You can do it is lacking for the manager. They will then document your version of the accident. This will prove to be thy will represent you for your injuries. Unless you are unable, make sure you obtain a copy of the accident report before you leave. Make sure to document any and all injuries that you suffer at the time.
– Evidence. We recommend you say the eye of the college or fall. For example, if you slip on a piece of fruit or vegetable, place the item in a plastic bag and freeze it. You may also want to safeguard the shoes you are wearing at the time of the fall. These can be placed in a plastic bag and take shut to preserve any matter step your shoot.
If you are unable to take photos are record any statements, Texas slip and fall attorney at RJ Alexander Law PLLC will obtain as much information as possible. However, please keep them on obtaining information hours, days, weeks, or even months after an accident scene has been cleaned up are your injuries have healed is much more difficult although your medical records will document your injuries, photographs, estate was approved I will before juries.
Fall Downstairs – Houston Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC
As a slip and fall lawyer, many people have brought the firm potential cases as a result of defective are broken stairs.
Property owners have the responsibility to make sure all steps of the same rising debt, with visible edges. Also, stairs must be kept free of debris or other obstacles, which could cause an accident.
A property owner is also responsible for making sure all stairwells are well lit, with sturdy handrails on both sides. We all have a responsibility to be careful and watch what we are going. However, a property owner needs to show reasonable care.
Was liable? – Texas Slip and Fall Lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC
For a property owner to be held legally liable (responsible) for your injuries, one of the following must be true:
– The owner of the premises (or employee) must have caused a spill or other dangerous condition.
– The owner of the premises (or employee) must have known of the dangerous condition and failed to correct it properly.
– The owner of the premises (or employee) “should have known” a dangerous condition was present.
Slip and Fall Accident Law: Houston Slip and Fall Lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC
Negligence law covers all slip and fall accidents. Properly owners have duty of care to see that their property is safe. This includes ensuring that the building has no structural defects, inside, or outside that could cause an accident. In some states, the property owner may also have a duty to reduce the problem areas caused by weather–like standing water, potholes, and broken pavement. Examples of this are:
– Broken pavement
– Icy patches
– Snow filled areas
– Loose floor mats
– Loose rugs
– Loose tiles
– Water on the floor
– Badly lit stairs or steps
Sometimes the person injured does not know for sure what caused the accident. That is why it is important to ensure that a full investigation is conducted to ensure that the source of the problem is discovered.
Modified Comparative Fault – Houston Slip and Fall Lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC
A plaintiff or claimant also has a duty to exercise reasonable care. It is possible if any action of yours contributed to the accident, you may share in the negligence. The responsibility is yours to prove that a hazard existed and that it was the cause of your accident.
If you are hurt in one of these accidents it is important to preserve evidence as much as possible to ensure that you can prove your case in court. Try to get names of witnesses who might have seen the accident, note all relevant conditions (like poor lighting), and take pictures of the area if possible. Be sure to document the incident by reporting it to building owners or property managers.
Getting Legal Help: Houston Slip and Fall Lawyer Is Here For You
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due a slip and fall accident, call a Houston slip and fall lawyer RJ Alexander Law PLLC at 832.458.1756. You can also submit a free online case evaluation. The initial consultation is FREE. If we agree to handle your case, there is no legal fee unless we are successful in getting you money. A lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a Statute of Limitation so please call or contact us right away so that you do not lose your rights to money and other benefits.