Houston Dog Bite Lawyer
More than 1000 people a day go to the emergency room because of dog bites in the United States.
Have you are a loved one been the victim of a dog bite Texas? You may be wondering what the laws are regarding dog bite injuries. RJ Alexander law PLLC is one the most trusted accident firms in Houston. We represent dog bite victims in Texas.
Understanding Houston Dog Bites
most people in the United States have a dog in their home or live in the neighborhood or someone else has a dog. Dogs are known as man’s best friend because they’re usually docile and good-natured pets. However, more than 1000 people a day go to the emergency room because of dog bites in the United States. Many dog bite injuries require medical treatment and they often lead physical and emotional scars for years to come. When the victim is a child, the injury can be even more devastating.
What should you do if you are the victim of a dog bite?
What should you do if you are a loved one have been bitten by dogs:
– Seek medical attention immediately. Getting immediate medical treatment is important because dog bites often lead to infection and make it more serious if left untreated.
– Identify the dog’s owner. The owner of the dog is generally the party that is held responsible for dog bite injuries.
– Report the attack. It is important that you report the dog attacked the police are to the local animal control center. Even if the dog is a straight, it is important to describe the dog and location of the incident to local authorities.
– Document the attack. Take pictures as soon as possible. Photograph the injuries, the site where the attack took place, and if possible, the dog itself. Also, write down any information you think may be important.
– Contact a dog bite lawyer – call our 24 hour number their night at 832-458-1756.
Contact a Houston dog bite lawyer – RJ Alexander Law, PLLC
if you are a family member have been the victim of a dog bite, call 832-458-1756. You can also contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our firm handles all cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we recover money for you.